The Trossachs

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry
  • Tune Name: The Trossachs

• Tune Type: 2/4 Air

• Composed By: DN Siegel

• Arranged By: DN Siegel

• Year Composed: 2004

david n. siegel

The Trossachs

Post by david n. siegel » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:14 am

Essentially, in harp-style, but written for the Highland pipes. Also works well on small pipes with strong, accoustic string instruments, like 12-string guitar or fiddle. Best of all, though, with a Celtic harp!

The Trossachs is, for those who don't know Scotland, an area of outstanding rural beauty, not all that far out from the lowlands.
Attachments
Air 2-4 TROSSACHS, THE.bww
Trossachs : Siegel
(2.06 KiB) Downloaded 1058 times

dubblin_o_shea

Post by dubblin_o_shea » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:35 pm

David, this tune is unbelievable !! You should have your tune book published if you have not already. Do you play it at that faster tempo? When I downloaded it I slowed the tempo down to 29 and liked it a lot better that way.

Spanishpiper

Post by Spanishpiper » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:05 am

I thought I would put my two cents in the hat here. I did not re-arrange anything but just transposed a few chords into the piece for a mandolin. I played it on the smallpipes alongside that mandolin and a Celtic harp. It was unbelieveable. A great tune whether played up-tempo a little or slower. Very medieval sounding! I love it!