Page 1 of 1
New Jig-=The Wizard's Dance=-
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:58 pm
by Stu_Hig
Heres a jig I wrote yesterday. I'd love to know what you all think of it.
Thanks
Stuart
.
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:08 am
by awpiper
As Simon would say......nice tune......but, BLAND by normal standards.....nothing jumps out to intrigue the listener....a tune one would say they have heard but, deny knowing who composed it.....Sorry......just being BRUTALLY honest......and call me anything you would like.....but, I am HONEST.
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:27 am
by cdn
I like it . It has a logic to it so I might even be able to learn it (unlike some that don't make any sense to me).
I'm sure my daughter, who is just learning to play the pipes, will want to learn it just based on the title alone. She's sure to assume it's something Harry Potter would play if he were a piper.
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:18 pm
by Stu_Hig
No problem AWPIPER, I love honesty!

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:34 pm
by smithers
I've changed a few things in the tune, see what you think.
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:04 am
by Stu_Hig
I like it. I was trying to get somthing like that going in the 2nd part and I couldn't quite nail it. I like what you've done with it!

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:42 am
by cdn
It's amazing what a huge difference just a few notes can make. I liked it before- I like it even better now.
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:44 am
by smithers
Hey I still wasn't qite happy with it, so I changed the g-d-e gracing on B to Low G, therefore continuing the theme established in the 1st part. Great tune though, you have great melodies in your head. Remember the key to all tune writing is to continue the theme established in the 1st part, or else you may as well write two different tunes.
My two cents.
Cheers
Re: New Jig-=The Wizard's Dance=-
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:29 pm
by williemonje
your song is awsome i was trying to print it off so i could learn it but my printers a piece of junk
.
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:30 pm
by awpiper
The changes made the tune MUCH BETTER!......It now has a nice flow and feel to it......... it is also nice to see others taking on making changes to tunes to improve them........Nice T E A M W O R K folks!
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:16 am
by rlucas340
This jig has nice flow.
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:36 pm
by Donnybrook
Stu...My first impression was that it seems to jump all around for no apparent reason. I don't get a sense of flow to this tune. Kinda chaotic for me. Just my humble opinion. And I certainly could not do better so please dont be offended. Hold the phones...after listening again to Smithers' changes, it sounded much more intriguing to me. I like the buildup..similar to Caber Feidhs buildup to the grips. Kepe up the good work. I am going to try it on the pipes to hear how it sounds.
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:26 am
by edrizzle
Is that really a 6/8? Or is it a 2/4?