What do you think? first composition so be truthful

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry
  • Tune Name: Winding Down

• Tune Type: C Reel

• Composed By: James Nelson

• Arranged By:

• Year Composed: 2005

Jamesn

What do you think? first composition so be truthful

Post by Jamesn » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:05 pm

and ill never compose again! just want some feedback on it thanks guys
Attachments
Winding Down.bww
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 752 times
Winding Down midi.mid
(4.66 KiB) Downloaded 860 times
Winding Down.JPG
Winding Down.JPG (199.51 KiB) Viewed 7711 times

smithers

Post by smithers » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:40 am

Since no one else is going to post a reply at this stage I'll try and give my thoughts.

I think overall it's got a nice theme flowing through it, it reminds me of The Hellbound Train.

I think the 1st part is good!

2nd part is a wee bit all over the show for me. It just feels like you're trying to do too much. Like the 1st part show establish the rythem of a tune, and for me the 2nd part seems to go on its own drift and break the rythem established by the 1st part. Especially 4th bar 2nd part.

3rd part excellent.

Great finishing tune for a band I think if you tidy up the 2nd part.

Cheers

Hopefully my comments don't discourage you too much. :) Keep working at it, you got potential!

Police Piper

Post by Police Piper » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:24 am

nice tune,
i think the last two parts are quite good, the beat just travels nicely throughout these parts, fingers run well when playing it. sound awesome when playing very up tempo (maybe u should have called the tune winding up, lol.) couldnt feel the beat in the second part as dominant as i could in the other three, but thats probably just because im dead tired. anyway mate a good first tune, hope to see more.
cheers,
jordan.
Police Piper