Camano Island in the Sea - A slow air for Bob Dunsire

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry
  • Tune Name: Camano Island in the Sea

• Tune Type: 9/8 - Slow Air

• Composed By: David N. Siegel

• Arranged By:

• Year Composed: 2006

david n. siegel

Camano Island in the Sea - A slow air for Bob Dunsire

Post by david n. siegel » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:06 am

Probably most of you know that Bob Dunsire, who created and maintained the Dunsire Bagpipe Web with the famous forums, passed away recently after a several year battle with cancer. He was only in his early 50s. I have lost both of my sisters also to virulent cancer, and at young ages, in the last few years, and I felt moved to compose this slow air, named after the island off the coast of Washington State where he lived.

I like it with harmony throughout. Play it very slowly.

-David.

Sorry I don't have a midi file with the melody and counter melody together. If you have a practice chanter that tunes well, then you can play back the midi or the BMW output and play it yourself. This is how I play and compose harmonies and counter melodies myself.
Attachments
camano.mid
(2.54 KiB) Downloaded 954 times
OOGC Air 9-8 12-8 CAMANO ISLAND IN THE SEA.bww
(2.95 KiB) Downloaded 858 times
Camano_Island_in_the_Sea.JPG
Camano_Island_in_the_Sea.JPG (99.92 KiB) Viewed 8629 times

Elias

Post by Elias » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:08 am

Great song. I didn't know that bob died. I'm sure that he would be proud of you.

P/S Elias Michal Armstrong
Black Canyon Pipes and Drums.

awpiper

Post by awpiper » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:44 am

David,

As Usual your tunes are well written and play beautifully.....I KNOW Bob's family will appreciate the effort and thought that went into it.....He will be missed by all those that knew him and the piping community has lost a great resource

I hope there will be more tunes written in his memory....since Bob and his family were very active in all aspects of bagpiping, I could not think of a better memory then a tune written for/about him played by people who cared about him.
Cait Am Biodh Na Puirt Nach Faigheadh Na Piobairean
(Where would the tunes be the pipers could not find)